This Policy explains how we collect and process information that personally identifies you or enables us to contact you (“Personal Information”). If you have any questions about our Policy, please contact our team at email@example.com.
Collection of Information
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us in the following ways:
- Contacting the platform: If you contact us, we collect the information you voluntarily provide us. We will access and process such Personal Information for the purposes as set out below.
- Signing up for the platform updates: we use a subscription service (Sendinblue) to manage our email distribution list. When you provide your email address in the “Subscribe” section of the platform and click “Subscribe”, your email address is provided to us by Sendinblue.
Use of Information
Your Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- If you have signed up to receive platform updates, we will use your Personal Information to send you the requested platform updates;
- If you contact us, we will use the Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. In particular, when you email us about writing a post for the platform, we may share the enquiry and any draft post you send us with the editors of the platform as part of the editorial process.
- If we decide to publish a post that you have submitted to us, your name, picture, and a short biography that you provide will appear on the platform.
Disclosure of Information
We will never share your Personal Information with any other third party without your consent, except in the following circumstances (each as permitted by applicable law):
- as set out in this Policy;
- when we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a valid request from a law enforcement agency;
- in the event that we sell or transfer all, or any portion of, the platform (including in the event of any reorganisation, dissolution, spin-off, or liquidation) we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information to the relevant acquirer, successor, purchaser or beneficiary, or any appropriate combination of them.
Storage and Accuracy of Information
The Personal Information you provide when contacting us or when signing up for platform updates is stored on servers in the European Union.
The accuracy of your Personal Information is important to us. If you change your email address, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can change it accordingly. We will only store your Personal Information in our systems for as long as is necessary.
We use reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information and to store it securely. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We will do our best to protect your Personal Information, but cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to us.
Links to other websites
The platform may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy policies. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or the privacy practices of those websites.
Changes to our Policy
Our Policy may change in the future. We encourage you to review this page periodically to understand our Policy regarding our collection and use of your Personal Information. The date of this Policy, as stated below, indicates the last time this Policy was materially revised.
Last modified: 20 April 2022